PDA

View Full Version : how to differential the sr n bloodred?

ushush
10-18-2005, 08:43 PM
is there any technic to differential the super red and blood on jv aro?

goldenfin
10-18-2005, 09:18 PM
is there any technic to differential the super red and blood on jv aro?

Hmmm...quite difficult unless you have extra information of their bloodline. Yes, there are ways according to some experts, but try this simple guessing method, often works too:

Look for the darkest-red finnages possible!

Here is a pic of my juvenile blood, hope picture can explain better to you. Good luck bro ;) :)

ushush
10-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Hmmm...quite difficult unless you have extra information of their bloodline. Yes, there are ways according to some experts, but try this simple guessing method, often works too:

Look for the darkest-red finnages possible!

Here is a pic of my juvenile blood, hope picture can explain better to you. Good luck bro ;) :)

thank for reply...
just aim for darkest red finnages?
i think ur br is a very good quality br...
can see red gill and redish on body...
if for a sr, when/ what size the red gill will form to comsider a quality sr?

Wang_sen
10-19-2005, 02:12 PM
Sorry, I'm beginner, would like to ask :
BloodRed isn't kind of Super Red ?
How about Chili Red ?
Thanx

surya
10-19-2005, 02:23 PM
According Mr. JD Winata :

How to determine Chili or Blood Red :

Seems like everybody especially rookie trader of Arowana has misidentified the SuperRed type , especially between Chili and Blood Red
I knew there are many line up of names like Ultra Red , Papaya Red , Panda Red and Metal Red and etc. but lets get back to the roots , the anchestor of real SuperRed Aro variety now,
I . Blood Red ,commonly named GudangGaram Red or MerahDarah Red first in Indonesia back in 1986 , it’s a variety of Super Red which identified as follow :
a. Ussualy bigger than chili Red at same age after more than 6month old
b. Body , broader dan rounded shaped ,especially at the edge . The eye looks
smaller, and bigger head compare to ChiliRed , fan (rounded) shape tail and also
broader too
c. Colour , bloodred always developt colour faster and reach adult colouration earlier
than ChiliRed , the rings will be thickened up to fill the whole core scale (outside
to inside), then reach the full red scale stage , also Bloodred will crossedback the
rings (6th level) earlier than chiliRed , but remember the rings of Bloodred is very
ununiform in shape and thickness , somehow it will look very untidy compare to
uniformed shape rings of ChiliRed

II. Chili Red , commonly named Marlboro Red or Cabe Red at early years in Indonesia
a. Ussually smaller (a bit) than BloodRed
b. Body , slight slimmer (more streamline shaped) , most of the fin looks had narrow edge on the corner , most ChiliRed had longer fin than BloodRed ata average but not always so . Tail is diamond shaped and narrower than BR , its very difficult to determine male or female ChiliRed at premature adult size below 40cm . Also in composition ,Chili Red’s eye will looks larger compare to BR’s eye due to its smaller head shape
c. Colour . ChiliRed always developt colour slower than BR , but it’s a different breed and type of rings model , Chili will looks very uniformed rings and most of them had slight green core / violet green core . Chili looks very tidy and uniformed rings in harmony with its body shape

Becareful there are many crossbreed and mutation of SuperRed variety like for example :
BR&CR crossbreed , BR&BanjarRed crossbreed then the F2 crossed again with SR ,etc
Always looks for well known reputation trader and farm when choosing aro .

( Up next article , how to developt colouration , my own method sharing experience )

surya
10-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Super Red have 3 type :
- Blood Red
- Chili Red
- Orange Red

ushush
10-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Super Red have 3 type :
- Blood Red
- Chili Red
- Orange Red

as bro mention is true..
but nowaday, aro farm and fish shop all catagories the red to super red, blood red, chili red.etc(violet fushion.....)
super red will have a lower price
and br/cr will much much more $$$$

then how to said br/cr/or belongs to sr????
just because base on the blood line/gen?
if the father mother gen is good then call it br/cr?

ushush
10-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Becareful there are many crossbreed and mutation of SuperRed variety like for example :
BR&CR crossbreed , BR&BanjarRed crossbreed then the F2 crossed again with SR ,etc
Always looks for well known reputation trader and farm when choosing aro .

wht means F2???
is it the generation breed from aro farm?

surya
10-19-2005, 03:40 PM
as bro mention is true..
but nowaday, aro farm and fish shop all catagories the red to super red, blood red, chili red.etc(violet fushion.....)
super red will have a lower price

then how to said br/cr/or belongs to sr????
just because base on the blood line/gen?
if the father mother gen is good then call it br/cr?

That only a trade names, for marketing purpose. To make different with another farm, actually are same type. Farm A, give name for their Chili Red = cabe red, rawit red, Farm B name it = marlboro red and for Blood Red, = farm A darah red, gudang garam red Farm B = Dunhill red etc. Orange Red they call it Super Red

azura
10-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Super Red have 3 type :
- Blood Red
- Chili Red
- Orange Red
nowadays it gets hard n harder to differ blood/chili red. i assumed the breeders crossed between the blood n chili for better gen or $$$$ :p
i even still confused my sr, is it blood or chili red ?!? the cert doesnt mention it .... juz only sr !

defro
10-20-2005, 07:18 AM

Oh yeahh?? BR/CR will much much more $$$$ than SR???
So I will call all My SR at home is BR/CR.........easy lah......... :D :D :D

JD Winata
10-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Seems like everybody especially newbie trader of Arowana especially outside Indonesia has misidentified the SuperRed type , especially between Chili and Blood Red
I knew there are many line up of names variety like Ultra Red , Papaya Red , Panda Red and Metal Red and etc. but lets get back to the roots , the anchestor of real SuperRed Aro variety now,
I . Blood Red ,commonly named GudangGaram Red or MerahDarah Red first in Indonesia back in 1986 , it’s a variety of Super Red which identified as follow :
smaller, and bigger head compare to ChiliRed , fan (rounded) shape tail and also
broader too
c. Colour , bloodred always developt colour faster and reach adult colouration earlier
than ChiliRed , the rings will be thickened up to fill the whole core scale (outside
to inside), then reach the full red scale stage , also Bloodred will crossedback the
rings (6th level) earlier than chiliRed , but remember the rings of Bloodred is very

II. Chili Red , commonly named Marlboro Red or Cabe Red at early years in Indonesia
b. Body , slight slimmer (more streamline shaped) , most of the fin looks had narrow edge on the corner , most ChiliRed had longer fin than BloodRed ata average but not always so . Tail is diamond shaped and narrower than BR , its very difficult to determine male or female ChiliRed at premature adult size below 40cm . Also in composition ,Chili Red’s eye will looks larger compare to BR’s eye due to its smaller head shape
c. Colour . ChiliRed always developt colour slower than BR , but it’s a different breed and type of rings model , Chili will looks very uniformed rings and most of them had slight green core / violet green core . Chili looks very tidy and uniformed rings in harmony with its body shape

Just to be straight maybe nowadays its easier to find just named SuperRed than real pure breed Blood or Chili Red

ushush
10-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Seems like everybody especially newbie trader of Arowana especially outside Indonesia has misidentified the SuperRed type , especially between Chili and Blood Red
I knew there are many line up of names variety like Ultra Red , Papaya Red , Panda Red and Metal Red and etc. but lets get back to the roots , the anchestor of real SuperRed Aro variety now,
broader too

Just to be straight maybe nowadays its easier to find just named SuperRed than real pure breed Blood or Chili Red

bro i do understand the different between br n cr... but in malaysia they do make different to sr,br,cr. for a sr about cost MYR3k++ but for br it cost MYR3.8-5k++.
so how to said br/cr->sr
but sr->less $$$
br-> more $$$$$
?

JD Winata
10-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Red arowana originally from Borneo ,Indonesia , i personally knew whom firstly pioneered the name Super Red instead just Red ( notice prefix 'Super' )
Firstly Red arowana also included Banjar Red (also known as Sintang Red) which just had red fins and tail but no rings nor core
Super Red is determines Red arowana which has Rings and Cores developtment
It just two types of them ; Blood and Chili (as i described on attached posted article)
Wheter why suddenly appear names like Ultra Red,Papaya Red and many other its just a confuseness of people which just identify the fish as they like (just like LuoHan Chiclids ,which are many Malaysians give any name as their like to name it) Like Ultra Red it just a good grade Chili Red , Papaya Red is just abandoned Super Red which not developt colouration because misstreatment or else.

Believe me dude! i knew aro since 1986 , just choose BR or CR you like , dont confused with SR or else , is there any of 'the more expensive' SR could beat quality of my personal Chili Red and Blood Red?

goldenfin
10-21-2005, 10:25 AM
Yes true bros, dont get confuse by the marketing names :)

ushush
10-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Red arowana originally from Borneo ,Indonesia , i personally knew whom firstly pioneered the name Super Red instead just Red ( notice prefix 'Super' )
Firstly Red arowana also included Banjar Red (also known as Sintang Red) which just had red fins and tail but no rings nor core
Super Red is determines Red arowana which has Rings and Cores developtment
It just two types of them ; Blood and Chili (as i described on attached posted article)
Wheter why suddenly appear names like Ultra Red,Papaya Red and many other its just a confuseness of people which just identify the fish as they like (just like LuoHan Chiclids ,which are many Malaysians give any name as their like to name it) Like Ultra Red it just a good grade Chili Red , Papaya Red is just abandoned Super Red which not developt colouration because misstreatment or else.

Believe me dude! i knew aro since 1986 , just choose BR or CR you like , dont confused with SR or else , is there any of 'the more expensive' SR could beat quality of my personal Chili Red and Blood Red?

bro do u mean all sr only can catogerise to br/cr...?
wht ever sr is only br / cr ?right?
but how come br more expensive then sr?
maybe just because of the quality is low grade?

ushush
10-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Yes true bros, dont get confuse by the marketing names :)
bro i think u misunderstand my question...:(
i just hope to get a sr (less expensive) that maybe have quality of br (more expensive)

another question on tanning... wht aro size is more suitable for starting tanning process?
n do lighting from outside of tank(put light infront of tank) a true technic for tanning? because i heard some ppl said the glass can block the wave that having tan effect????
hope bro can explain more..
i just bought 1 sr about 6-7" dunno when to start tanning...:)
thank you

JD Winata
10-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Just watch yours , is it clasified as BR or CR as i mentioned at described post? ,
You may start tanning at any age/size but beware not to overtan a small/young juvenile because the pigment may become overtanned and become blackened (you may call it like a "sunburn")
No , glass material did a little blocked UV rays but it means nothing compare to water material , i mean water ,the depthness of water are like filter for ray /light ,especially UV , i had an UV metering device to measure UV level (waterproof) ,so i used it to detect UV level underwater and to check expired date of my aquarium light

azura
10-21-2005, 06:22 PM
bro do u mean all sr only can catogerise to br/cr...?
wht ever sr is only br / cr ?right?
but how come br more expensive then sr?
maybe just because of the quality is low grade?
different nations different play rules ..... ;)
so in malay they developed different marketing strategies to sell their reds .... so wat ?!? bloodie or chilie is still super red.

ushush
10-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Just watch yours , is it clasified as BR or CR as i mentioned at described post? ,
You may start tanning at any age/size but beware not to overtan a small/young juvenile because the pigment may become overtanned and become blackened (you may call it like a "sunburn")
No , glass material did a little blocked UV rays but it means nothing compare to water material , i mean water ,the depthness of water are like filter for ray /light ,especially UV , i had an UV metering device to measure UV level (waterproof) ,so i used it to detect UV level underwater and to check expired date of my aquarium light

thanks for advice on tanning technic, but for so small aro, how may hour i should tan?
:rolleyes:

ushush
10-21-2005, 07:59 PM
different nations different play rules ..... ;)
so in malay they developed different marketing strategies to sell their reds .... so wat ?!? bloodie or chilie is still super red.

u r right...
:mad:

but i just scare bought low quality red....because nowadays a lot private farm form in malaysia, they mix a lot of low quality red in a same pool for breed...:(:(

Anthony_loh
10-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Hi bro,I had bought two different fish,one having the shape like CR and another like BR,but the cert shown only state super red,both fish is from Jakarta FLS.Can I said CR/BR is still under super red????

JD Winata
10-21-2005, 08:34 PM
For less than 15cm is better not let more than 4-5 hours of tanning
, for less than 25cm is better not let more than 6-8 hours of tanning .
I personnally believe to tanning not more than 12 hours a day just to give a balance of fish's bioryhtm and biocycle of the pigment cells .

ushush
10-21-2005, 09:28 PM
For less than 15cm is better not let more than 4-5 hours of tanning
, for less than 25cm is better not let more than 6-8 hours of tanning .
I personnally believe to tanning not more than 12 hours a day just to give a balance of fish's bioryhtm and biocycle of the pigment cells .

thank , great info...:cool:

goldenfin
10-21-2005, 11:30 PM
bro i think u misunderstand my question...:(
i just hope to get a sr (less expensive) that maybe have quality of br (more expensive)

another question on tanning... wht aro size is more suitable for starting tanning process?
n do lighting from outside of tank(put light infront of tank) a true technic for tanning? because i heard some ppl said the glass can block the wave that having tan effect????
hope bro can explain more..
i just bought 1 sr about 6-7" dunno when to start tanning...:)
thank you

No bro, I got what u meant. I just thought that there are other bros who might get confused with the marketing names of SR out there :)

Btw, now that you've gotten your new red, what do you think that is? BR or CR? perhaps picture can help many bros out here sharing their opinion as well. Cheers ;)

azura
10-22-2005, 03:03 PM
u r right...
:mad:

but i just scare bought low quality red....because nowadays a lot private farm form in malaysia, they mix a lot of low quality red in a same pool for breed...:(:(
then buy from reputable farms .... ;)
i believe theres alot of great quality sr from those farms