PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Cockroach

fishconnection
06-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Hey guys....ive read in books and seen in pics that arowana farms feed their fishes with cockroaches......It is a great food right? But how to produce them in great numbers?? Without infestation inside the house?

azura
06-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Hey guys....ive read in books and seen in pics that arowana farms feed their fishes with cockroaches......It is a great food right? But how to produce them in great numbers?? Without infestation inside the house?
hiiii ... juz hearing the name give me a creepy sense :o :p

fishconnection
06-21-2006, 03:07 PM
hiiii ... juz hearing the name give me a creepy sense :o :p

Hahaha...azura...you got a pic in the gallery of Munjul red feeding on cockroach..

azura
06-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Hahaha...azura...you got a pic in the gallery of Munjul red feeding on cockroach..
no no bro ... tats not cockroaches, tats SW :D

hengky
06-21-2006, 05:22 PM
OMG!!:eek: not the roaches again!!!:( ahhh...eukkk!!! run!!!:o

fishconnection
06-23-2006, 06:57 PM
OMG!!:eek: not the roaches again!!!:( ahhh...eukkk!!! run!!!:o

Hahaha...bro hengky...whats wrong with roaches? I see some people also feed centipedes? Are they being sold in indonesia? Or breed?

azura
06-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Hahaha...bro hengky...whats wrong with roaches? I see some people also feed centipedes? Are they being sold in indonesia? Or breed?
theres centipedes sold in almost lfs here ;) they are captured from coconut farms in sumatra/kalimantan.

fishconnection
06-23-2006, 08:01 PM
theres centipedes sold in almost lfs here ;) they are captured from coconut farms in sumatra/kalimantan.

Can you send it thru mail? hahaha....like ummm......UPS?

Mustang
06-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Maybe this site could help
http://www.bio.umass.edu/biology/kunkel/cockroach.html

fishconnection
06-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Maybe this site could help
http://www.bio.umass.edu/biology/kunkel/cockroach.html

Hey Mustang....love your tortoises. :) thanks for the info.

nin0
06-24-2006, 02:34 AM
Any idea to make roaches not smelly? Never tried one to my Aro though..

Mustang
06-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Hey Mustang....love your tortoises. :) thanks for the info.

Thank you fish connection

Mustang
06-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Any idea to make roaches not smelly? Never tried one to my Aro though..

Maybe if its come from captive breeding, its would'nt as smelly when its come from sewer.

when breeding them, maybe we could use zeolith...just opinion

fishconnection
06-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Maybe if its come from captive breeding, its would'nt as smelly when its come from sewer.

when breeding them, maybe we could use zeolith...just opinion

Maybe zeolith is a good idea....:)

Well the smell of cockroach comes from some gland in their body. I think even if captive bred it would still smell not nice. :(

jadoel
06-26-2006, 09:49 AM
A lot of work if we feed our aros with cockroach, we need cut the wing. More easy if we feed it with super worm, imho

mr.ius
06-26-2006, 01:32 PM
A lot of work if we feed our aros with cockroach, we need cut the wing. More easy if we feed it with super worm, imho

Yup, super worms are good for beefing up your aro, but people agreed more on feeding roaches and crickets that has already been fed with carots, making them more healthier with vitamin A, ensuring a better color enhancement for your aros, plus it makes 'em smell less than crap, but still they both stink.:D

nin0
06-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Hmm.. Stinks for us maybe smells like great food for Aro.. :top:
When feeding with cockroaches, why bother to cut the wing/legs? Aren't they just same as with wing/legs from cricket?