View Full Version : sterilize

louis
08-16-2006, 01:53 PM
Hi bro
I that true some supplier arowana sterilize the fish
Example in Mauritius no way to reproduction arowana

jomblo
08-16-2006, 02:17 PM
That's not true, arowana is not easy to breed. Not because sterelize.

geboy
08-16-2006, 02:21 PM
It's wrong..

dony
08-16-2006, 03:52 PM
do you have any prove that some arowanas were sterilized ? or perhaps any information which farms that has sterilized their arowanas ?
fyi, it is not easy to breed arowana ..
Tq

RudolF
08-17-2006, 01:13 AM
Bro..u got a wrong information!Not arowana...but piranha.
All of piranha that's being exported/sent to other country are sterilized.

Aronovice
08-22-2006, 08:19 AM
I supposed,They don't done it purposely,but,they treat with overdosed male hormone try to enrich the golden pigmentation in an express way,that might stunt the growth of an young aro and subconciously has sterilized the fish as well,that's why I found some young aro available on the market with unusual color at young age ,I will ask the dealer curiously;is this the true color of the fish ? they normally will reply that is the good quality fish show out the intense color at the early age ,when I asked;any gurantee that the fish will grow speedy if I change the water twice a day and feed with live foods ? he said to me; no one will guarantee the fish will grow after left the shop, that's why I always doubt at any young aro has the intense color at young age I will wait for months before I decide to purchase it from the shop as to make sure it grow and don't loose the color after my first sight of it,honestly speaking,now I switched to reputatable dealers and farms for my aro collection.