N1wanRed FORUMS

N1wanRed FORUMS (https://www.n1wanred.com/isi/forum/index.php)
-   AroTank (https://www.n1wanred.com/isi/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Treatment for Drop Eye...What to do? (https://www.n1wanred.com/isi/forum/showthread.php?t=4075)

fishconnection 04-03-2006 09:26 PM

Treatment for Drop Eye...What to do?

Seems like one of my RTGs got drop eye....around 25cm.....Any treatment? Dos and Don'ts??

I heard about surgery somewhere....how does that work. Thanks

bahrul 04-03-2006 09:35 PM

Re: Treatment for Drop Eye...What to do?

The easy and save put in pond or cover all your tank for 3 - 6 months. drop eye surgery, high risk the aro death ....

hengky 04-03-2006 09:51 PM

This what I've heard/learnt....

This may be due to excess feeding, could be oso cuz Aro was looking down for foods often.

Cover all sides of the tank completely with dark paper. Put a centralised light source, and switch it on for 12 hours a day. Try instead feeding little frogy or cricket(anything that float). Handfeed it if u can...if the Aro allows u too, juz dun let the food sink down to the bottom. Cut down the diet of coz. ohh...try locating the tank to a lower elevation. this probably takes roughly 3mths :|

Or splash it goes to the pond if u got one....it will recover itself in time, but living in a urban/city area...this might be a prob.

Last but not least...pray hard:p :suer:

fishconnection 04-03-2006 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bahrul
The easy and save put in pond or cover all your tank for 3 - 6 months. drop eye surgery, high risk the aro death ....

Bro Bahrul...Thanks for the reply. So if I place arowana in pond drop eye would eventually be gone in 3-6months?

fishconnection 04-03-2006 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hengky
This what I've heard/learnt....

This may be due to excess feeding, could be oso cuz Aro was looking down for foods often.

Cover all sides of the tank completely with dark paper. Put a centralised light source, and switch it on for 12 hours a day. Try instead feeding little frogy or cricket(anything that float). Handfeed it if u can...if the Aro allows u too, juz dun let the food sink down to the bottom. Cut down the diet of coz. ohh...try locating the tank to a lower elevation. this probably takes roughly 3mths :|

Or splash it goes to the pond if u got one....it will recover itself in time, but living in a urban/city area...this might be a prob.

Last but not least...pray hard:p :suer:

Hmm..very nice info...I prefer the throw in pond. I got a small one. :) Well it would share the pond with frontosa. :)

hengky 04-03-2006 10:05 PM

Indeed....well gud luck with it :)
and do update us with the little exp :p

Btw, Im juz curious what other fishes do u keep? Why I ask coz I think lots of ppl rear cichlid back in philli, isnt it?

fishconnection 04-03-2006 10:18 PM

Quote:

Indeed....well gud luck with it :)
and do update us with the little exp :p

Btw, Im juz curious what other fishes do u keep? Why I ask coz I think lots of ppl rear cichlid back in philli, isnt it?

Bro Hengky......Well I keep mostly Lake Tanganyikan cichlids. That is what I think I'm good at:top: :D Well...lots of people here keep cichlids....different kinds. South American, Central American and Louhan (also cichlid)

hengky 04-03-2006 10:23 PM

ahh I thought so:D
used to rear cichlids myself too.

It all started out west african...peacock and stuffs, then fronts..Burundis..species like Mbwie or Blue Zaire are hard to come by....then lastly, some south/central americans...Geos and stuffs....and then I give up the hobby :) Reason: Bored :p

fishconnection 04-03-2006 10:28 PM

Quote:

ahh I thought so:D
used to rear cichlids myself too.

It all started out west african...peacock and stuffs, then fronts..Burundis..species like Mbwie or Blue Zaire are hard to come by....then lastly, some south/central americans...Geos and stuffs....and then I give up the hobby :) Reason: Bored :p

Hmmm....interesting....If you visit Philippines you can visit my place. I will show you my Lake Tanganyikan fishes. And show you around to look at other South/Central Americans hobbyist. :)

hengky 04-03-2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishconnection
Hmmm....interesting....If you visit Philippines you can visit my place. I will show you my Lake Tanganyikan fishes. And show you around to look at other South/Central Americans hobbyist. :)

Thks 4 the offer :)
I will keep it in mind:top:

fishconnection 04-03-2006 10:36 PM

Anyway back to drop eye.....anyone knows how surgery works? I'm just interested. :) and Curious

dony 04-04-2006 07:42 AM

put an underwater lamp in the front & bottom of your tank. don't give light/lamp from above.

hengky 04-04-2006 09:31 AM

Quote:

Anyway back to drop eye.....anyone knows how surgery works? I'm just interested. :) and Curious

I've no idea how it works...but in the upcoming seminar held by NAC, there will be a topic regarding minor operation on Aro. I'm looking forward to attend it, hopefully I can jot that down and maybe tell u more about it. :)

fishconnection 04-06-2006 10:53 AM

Quote:

I've no idea how it works...but in the upcoming seminar held by NAC, there will be a topic regarding minor operation on Aro. I'm looking forward to attend it, hopefully I can jot that down and maybe tell u more about it. :)

can't wait for it....:) 8 days to go right?

hengky 04-06-2006 11:04 AM

Quote:

can't wait for it....:) 8 days to go right?

9 to be excat....the seminar will be on the 15th :)