View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 09:28 AM   #18
hengky
NAC 092

Default Re: Why some farm not sell to local

Maybe what I'm gonna say on may seems alit' out of the topic, but I noticed much consumers/hobbists like me, do not know where our aros come from when we looking/searching for a sale at our LFS. Not until we recieve our cert. Perhaps some buyers do ask about it, but im quite certain some of us dun. When ppl ask us, "where did u get ur aro?" we would normally mention the shop name.
Unlike our neighbour countries, ppl address their aros as XL (Xian Leng) X-back or DFI (Dragon Fish Industry) or Qian HU. Im not tryin to promote these well-known names, neither am I tryin to downgraded anyone or any shop. Of course, I agree on the saying "buy from a reputated fish shop", no doubt about it. But on the contray, I think if its "image", "money", or any other reason why some farm dont sell to local, I really think it's utterly misconception of the farm side (but of course these are juz our mere ideas).
One reason I really feel farms like I mentioned above is so well-known to the public nowadays, is NOT merely juz due to their good sales. I think they too publicizes their good name. Why? i would think for "image" "money", the same few reason what we have been discussing.
I would definetely wish someday some of own local farms can do the same. Altho I think I've seem some have already move on such direction. And I believe when such farms are more "open" to the public, it only takes a "cause and effect" theory to promote their own good name. And we as hobbists/local buyers can gain more knowledge about this wonderful fish.
hengky is offline   Reply With Quote